When we’re talking about a pregnant woman, the only picture in front of our eyes is “A lady with a big tummy”. People around us just see the physical changes of a pregnant woman. But this is not the end. A pregnant woman feels the changes that come inside her day by day physically, even mentally. Let’s discuss various Ways to Overcome the Fear of Childbirth.
Mental health is crucial than physical health. Because we can see physical damages and can treat them. But what about our mental health, especially a pregnant woman? During pregnancy, women keep thinking about many positive and negative sides of pregnancy that can affect them and the baby badly.
The most serious issue that pregnant women keep thinking about is labor pain. Maybe they don’t share this with anyone but actually gets hurt internally a lot. So, it’s our duty to care for their mental health. Because now she is not only herself anymore. There is a baby inside her.
We want every mother and baby to be safe. That’s why we research how to reduce the anxiety a woman faces during pregnancy regarding childbirth and fortunately we get able to find out some ways to overcome the fear of childbirth. Some of them are as follows:
1. Don’t Wait Until Your “Labor Day”
Try to find out the reasons for your anxiety as soon as possible. You shouldn’t wait until Labor Day to deal with the fear. Anxiety during pregnancy works like a slow poison in the mother’s body. So, you should start work on it today so that you won’t face any complexity during delivery.
2. Figure Out What is Triggering Your Fear
To get rid of fear, you have to identify the reasons behind fear. There are many reasons that drive people to get anxious. Such as-
- If you have a history of abortion, it is obvious that you are fighting with the fear of Labor Day thinking about those past painful memories. You may suffer from the fear of getting the same experiences again.
- If you are abused physically and mentally, you will suffer from the lack of power to face the difficulty in odd situations like delivery time. You may face incidents like abusing one day in your life, but it actually affects you in the long run.
- If you hear lots of stories and see tv shows related to complexity during labor pain, you will be mentally broken and it is far away to keep yourself strong in that situation. This fear can make women mentally weak.
- If you are fatty, you may feel awkward and also be tensed thinking about childbirth at.
3. Consider Therapy
If you consistently suffer from low self-esteem and get depressed day by day, there is nothing more important for you than therapy. You can go to any consultants who can help you in this matter. There are still many people who feel awesome by helping people.
5. Learn Relaxation Skills
You can learn and practice some relaxation skills such as meditating, long-breathing exercise, listening to cool and soothing music that can give you mental peace in your tough situation during pregnancy. Besides these, try to think about your coming baby positively. This will refresh your mind.
6. Share Your Fears
Well, you won’t get relief unless you talk. You should share your plan regarding the baby’s birth with your family members- husband, mom, dad or even with the doctor. Through this, you will share the fear with them and somehow, they can support you to get rid of this.
See Also: 14 Unique Ideas To Reveal Gender
7. Address Your Fears in Your Birth Plan
You should talk about your fear. Actually, you should declare your fear as much as possible so that you get used to talking about fear and gradually this will be normal to you and not the scary one like before.
8. Use a Doula
You can keep a midwife or doula with you. A doula will always be with you during the pregnancy period. She will go everywhere with you even in the labor room at delivery time. A doula can support you mentally always.
9. Shut Out Negative Stories
When you are listening to sad consequences regarding pregnancy, you will be tensed automatically thinking about your terms. This will make you bound to feel low and insecure. So, stop listening to negative stories.
10. Be Open-Minded About Pain Relief – and the “Right” Way to Birth
Many women are strong enough to get a normal delivery without any sorts of medicine. They can decide and can talk openly about this matter. On the other hand, some women don’t want to feel the pain and are asked to use the medicine. Be strong, be the mother who can understand what she needs to know. Understand about after birth life like breastfeeding, expressing milk etc.
So here were some 10 ways to overcome the fear of childbirth. Do let us know how feel about these!! HAPPY MOTHERHOOD